2017 Harvest Festival Parade
Parade RulesParade instructions and rules are designed to remind participants that sometimes even the most innocent actions can provoke significant problems in a crowded area. The rules are in place to ensure an orderly, safe, and wonderful family oriented parade. Please communicate these rules to all the members of your parade entry:
- Deadline for parade entries is September 12th, 2017
- Candy CAN be tossed from floats, but MUST HAVE walking adult participants along the each side of the float to help insure no one gets hurt trying to get to the candy if it falls short of reaching them. Floats without 2 adult walking participants available will not be allowed to distribute candy.
- Check in for all entries that are not walking will be located at Stratford Drive and Anderson Street between 9-9:30 a.m. Please be there on time.
- All walkers report behind Klip Chicks (3541 Wendell Blvd) and the Baptist Church (3651 Wendell Blvd), located on map attached by 9:30 a.m. (Each group will be directed individually through email to which location.)
- All float riders must stay on the float until the end of the parade route. No one is permitted to get on or off a float or parade vehicle once it has started down the parade route
- There must be a responsible adult on floats where children are present.
- No squirt guns, water squirters or other similar item(s) are permitted. If found, they will be confiscated and not returned. You may be prohibited from participation in the parade if these items are found.
- No vehicles will be allowed with loud mufflers or engines that cause annoying noise.
- All participants must follow the instructions of designated Parade Officials.
- The Parade will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. on October 7, 2017 and will last approximately 1 hour.
- After check vehicles in the Parade must have a person with vehicle keys and a driver at all times at the vehicle.
- All drivers of motorized vehicles must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- It is the responsibility of parents with children participating in the parade to make all necessary arrangements to have children met and picked up at the end of the parade route located at the empty lot of Pine Street and Wendell Boulevard (across from First Citizens Bank).
- A fire extinguisher is required to be on every float for safety reasons.
- No alcoholic beverages will be permitted on any parade entry at any time before or during the parade.
- Know the parade route (attach) and listen to all parade Officials and Wendell Police Staff.
- All Music must be Family Oriented Music. We have the right to stop your Music if it is not appropriate.
Thanks to all of you who have prepared entries for this year’s parade. We do appreciate the help you provide by complying with these simple guidelines.
CONTACT: Tiffany Graham (571) 921-5709